Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello?

Tap Tap. Hello? Is there anybody out there? Is this thing on?

Sorry blogreaders, all 3 of you! I haven't done a very good job of documenting my kids' lives. It's just that everything they do is so cute that I couldn't possibly write it all down. Anyway...I'll try to do a better job and what better way to jump back in than with a post about my little girl's first day of kindergarten. Where has the time gone?

Seems like just yesterday we were bringing home our first baby, sweet Madeline Rose.



It took both of us about 30 minutes to change her clothes the first time! We were so scared we were going to break her!



We've come a long way, baby! You are so smart and will do so well in school! You have quite the vocabulary, thanks to Fancy Nancy, and are curious about EVERYTHING!

We're about to close out our, I mean your, first week of kindergarten, and you already seem like an old pro. I've already gotten a nice note from your teacher saying what a joy you are to have in class, and you've already gotten to be "line leader," a most prestigious honor for a kindergartener!

I just wish you would slow this whole growing up thing down a little bit! I mean, sending your baby off to kindergarten is one thing (and yes, I did cry when she turned to go to her wee little table) but did I also mention the first loose tooth that occurred this week? Slow it down a little, ok?





We love you!

4 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm hear, always reading, sometimes horrible at commenting! haha She looks ADORABLE! I love her outfit! I hope she had a great first day!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

Oh, that made me cry, too! I am a total wreck lately! I think back to our first "play date" with the three girls laying on floor. They were so tiny, so young. I am with you, let's make the clock stop just for a little while. I am glad Maddy had such a great first week. I knew she would do FABULOUSLY! Love the outfit.. she is SO CUTE. By the way.. my little kindergarten child wants to know if she can have phone numbers now and start calling little Maddy! ha!

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so glad you are back! I still remember that precious sweater and hat your mom made for Maddy and that the nurse said she looked like "cotton candy." I agree. She did look as sweet as cotton candy. This kindergarten thing is H A R D! It seems the children are doing fine, it's the moms that are having a hard time! ha! I'm so glad she had a great first week. I love her outfit! She is such a beauty!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

Look at how blessed you are! No need to worry about us, we will all be here when you are! :)

By the way, I am having a giveaway on my blog! I would love for your to stop by and check it out! :)